I have watched my son very closely over his first month of life. Following his each and every movement. Tracking his habits, ques, likes, dislikes, bowel movements, feeding schedules, napping and on and on and on. Sometimes I feel like I have my very own private discovery channel show.
“Nocturnal by nature, the young baby lays dormant all day and awakens at night to forage for food. Notice the loud howling calls it makes in the night to find nourishment.”
In all this “viewing” I have noticed that in some ways, he is surely my son, and in others he is more like his mother. I thought I would go through a few of the physical and personality traits that he seems to have gotten from us.
1. Physically, he looks more like me then he does my wife. He has my nose, my hair, and my very serious brow.
2. He likes to eat pretty much every hour and a half. That veracious appetite he defiantly gets from.
3. I tried to expose him to classic cinema by having him watch the movie “Rocky” with me the other night. He slept through the entire thing. This leads me to believe that he will have his mothers taste in movies.
4. When he’s hungry he cries,…….he probably gets that from both of us.
5. He gets his sense of style from his mother. Partly because she dresses him and partly because at least three days a week I look like absolute shit.
6. He gets his choice in reading from me.
Finally he has my wife’s “what the hell did you do now Pat” eyes