One of the things I like to do is run. It helps me clear my head and makes me feel a little better about eating pizza on a fairly consistent basis. Even with a newborn I try to get out 3-4 times a week. I run in the early morning or late at night (that way when I playing imaginary drums people can’t see, and so no one is around to mistake me for a fat guy having a heart attack).
In Aislinn’s latest post to her Act out With Aislinn blog she talks about the type of music she listens to when she is running. I took a look through the list and realized that she and I are not the same type of runner at all. I need something with either a great beat or someone yelling at me to make me run faster. I mix up my playlist some but here are few of my favorites now.
1. Sail – AWOLNATION (I almost always have this one play first)
2. The Mirror and the Ripper – Volbeat
3. Hang em High – Dropkick Murphys
4. Under and Over It – Five Finger Death Punch (a little angry metal never hurt anyone)
5. Escape 700 – The Chemical Brothers
7. Feel So Close – Calvin Harris (recently got turned on to this one and can’t stop listening to it)
8. Walk – Foo Fighters (If this doesn’t get you fired up! You’re doing it wrong!)